Consensus and Guidelines
- Chinese Expert Consensus on Ultrasonographic Acquisition, Measurement, and Reporting System for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- Writing Group of the Pediatric Ultrasound Committee of Ultrasound Branch of Chinese Medical Education Association, Na Xu, MD, Bei Xia, MD, Hongwei Tao, MD, Ke Sun, MD, Qinghua Liu, MD, Wenjuan Chen, MD, Dan Wang, MD, Hong Gao, MD, Yan Guo, MD, Yan Liu, MD, Jun Gao, MD, Jianbo Teng, MD
- 2020, 4 (1): 1-8. DOI:10.37015/AUDT.2020.190041
- Abstract ( 418 ) HTML ( 72 ) PDF ( 1586KB ) ( 527 )
- Correlation between Clinicopathological Features and Spectral CT Imaging of Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Wei Tang, MD, Ning Wu, MD, Yao Huang, MD, Yujie Wang, MD, Lin Niu, MD
- 2020, 4 (1): 9-17. DOI:10.37015/AUDT.2020.190027
- Abstract ( 146 ) HTML ( 9 ) PDF ( 2512KB ) ( 158 )
Objective: To determinate the clinicopathological characteristics of lung squamous cell carcinoma (SqCC), and investigate the correlation between these characteristics and quantitative parameters on spectral CT.
Methods: Institutional review board approval and informed consent were obtained. Eighty patients diagnosed with SqCC were enrolled. The clinicopathological characteristics were documented. The normalized iodine concentration (NIC) was measured. Differences of features between central and peripheral SqCCs were tested. Features associated with nodal involvement were analyzed. Differences of NIC with correlation of pathological results were examined.
Results: Of 80 patients, central SqCC was more frequently observed in patients who were younger (P = 0.013), presenting with vascular invasion (P = 0.022) and nodal metastases (P = 0.007), whereas stagedⅠdisease was more likely identified in peripheral SqCC (P = 0.019). The initial size (OR = 3.5, 95% CI: 1.3-9.2) and nerve invasion (OR = 5.6, 95% CI: 1.2-26.7) were significant independent factors of nodal involvement. Higher maximum NIC was significantly associated with increasing size of tumor (P < 0.001).
Conclusion: SqCC of the lung had distinct clinicopathological characteristics separately for tumors originated from central and peripheral areas. Initial size and nerve invasion were independent factors of nodal involvement. Higher iodine concentration was significantly associated with tumor growth.
- Aorto-Left Ventricle Fistula in Aortic Valve Endocarditis Found to Mimic Valsalva Sinus Aneurysm Rupture into the Left Ventricle: A case study
- Li Ji, MD, Yuman Li, MD, PhD, Li Zhang, MD, PhD, Yali Yang, MD, PhD, Mingxing Xie, MD, PhD
- 2020, 4 (1): 18-20. DOI:10.37015/AUDT.2020.190034
- Abstract ( 238 ) HTML ( 10 ) PDF ( 2087KB ) ( 518 )
Aorto-cardiac fistula (ACF) is a rare condition that is often complicated by perivalvular extension of infective endocarditis. Here we report the case of 43-year-old woman with aorto-left ventricle fistula in aortic valve endocarditis, whose echocardiographic manifestations mimicked a ruptured Valsalva sinus aneurysm. The patient was treated successfully with aortic valve replacement and repair of aorto-left ventricle fistula. Based on this rare case, we analyze the factors of misdiagnosis and offer suggestions to improve the diagnostic accuracy of ACF.
- Skin Tumors on High Frequency Ultrasound: A Serial Case Report and Literature Review
- Xuejiao Wang, MD, Yan Sun, MD, Xi Yang, MD, Wen Chen, MD
- 2020, 4 (1): 21-23. DOI:10.37015/AUDT.2020.200005
- Abstract ( 629 ) HTML ( 23 ) PDF ( 1352KB ) ( 364 )
Many kinds of skin masses appeared as well-defined hypoechogenic lesion in ultrasound. Higher-frequency sound waves enable high resolution observation of the anatomical level and internal echogenic, In this study, 4 typical cases were observed by utilizing high resolution ultrasound (HRUS) at 10 to 20 MHz Ultrasound shows most Basal cell carcinoma (BCC ) was irregular-shaped while other kinds of cases appear as oval-shape, meanwhile, epidermoid cyst was located in the subcutaneous layer while the other three kinds of masses were located in the dermis. Color Doppler shows eccrine poromas and BCCs have flow signals, while dermatofibromas and eccrine poromas show a lack of vascularity. HRUS can provide noninvasive and effective diagnostic information for skin masses before surgery and can help the clinician evaluate whether the tumor was completely removed after surgery.
- Rare Giant Goronary Sinus Aneurysm with Aortic Dissection: A Case Report
- Jing Ma, PhD, Tao Ma, MD, Jianmin Lu, MD, Xiangke Ma, PhD
- 2020, 4 (1): 24-25. DOI:10.37015/AUDT.2020.190031
- Abstract ( 163 ) HTML ( 11 ) PDF ( 739KB ) ( 386 )
Aortic sinus aneurysm is a rare congenital malformation. During the embryonic period, dysplasia occurs in the middle elastic fiber of the aortic sinus wall and insufficient fusion occurs in the aortic valve annulus. Long-term high blood pressure can damage these weak compositions, leading to possible rupture and dissection of sinus aneurysms under a certain extreme hypertension. We report a rare case of giant coronary sinus aneurysm with intimal tear and aortic dissection that was detected by using transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography.